Microsoft PowerPoint presentations are a great way to deliver a powerful message or convincing proposal. You might also decide to share this slide or revisit specific areas during the Q&As. This is when you benefit most from the ability to create summaries for your slides. The question is, how do you create a Summary Zoom slide? Read on to learn how to make, customize and edit these useful displays.
Why Use the Summary Zoom Slide Feature for PowerPoint Presentations
You have two main options when creating presentations. The first is to use a table of contents and the second is to use Summary Zoom slides. Zoom slides provide a far more interactive way of organizing the information, but what exactly are they?
These are Microsoft PowerPoint slides with thumbnails of slides or sections in your presentation. When you click on a thumbnail, the zoom transition appears and takes you to that slide or section. If you have a long or complex presentation, this can keep you organized and focused.
Here are some additional reasons to make full use of this feature:
- You can provide an overview of your presentation without bombarding the audience with too much information at once.
- The summary slide acts as an advanced table of contents, so you can quickly go to the slide you need without scrolling through your whole presentation.
- You can use this feature to present different sections to diverse audiences.
How To Create a Summary Zoom Slide for PowerPoint Presentations
When creating your Summary Zoom, you'll first need sections for your presentation. The good news is that if you have not already created sections, PowerPoint makes it easy to complete this. Next, decide how you want the presentation to look. Determine the number of slides you need and how you'll organize your information.
After you cover the basics, follow these steps:
- Open the PowerPoint Presentation you want to summarize.
- Go to the Insert tab.
- Select Zoom and then choose Summary Zoom.
- Choose the slides that create the first part of each section.
- The software automatically generates a Zoom slide that you can view.
- Delete the title box entirely or enter the information you need.
If you'd like to find out more about bringing cloudficiency to your project, reach out to us.
How To Edit a Summary Zoom Slide In PowerPoint
Are you looking for an easy way to edit or change your Summary Zoom? You can do so by following these steps:
- Open your presentation in PowerPoint.
- Go to the Zoom tab or right-click and then choose Edit Summary.
- Uncheck the boxes you want to remove and check the slides you want to add.
- Click Update to save your changes.
How To Customize Your Summary Zoom Slides
These summary slides rely on default settings, which may work for most situations. However, you can also customize your Zoom slide to better match the look and feel of your presentation. These are the four main things you will likely want to change:
- Return to Zoom: This setting determines what you see when you return to the summary slide. The options are All Slides, which shows you all of your slides in miniature, and Sections Only, which only shows you sections.
- Zoom Transition: This transition is the visual effect you see when you click on a thumbnail to go to that slide or section. You can disable it entirely by unchecking the box.
- Duration: The Duration setting determines how long you want the transition to last when clicking a thumbnail. Match length to the overall pace of the presentation.
- Aesthetics: You can also choose how you want your Summary Zoom slide to look. You can change themes, colors, and fonts in the PowerPoint interface. You can even make your Zoom backgrounds transparent.
Go to the summary slide in question and select the Zoom section to access this information. It will showcase the available customizations for you to make your preferred adjustments.
How To Access Microsoft Summary Zoom Slide Features
Microsoft created this feature for Office 365 subscribers on Mac and Windows. In other words, your organization will need to migrate to the cloud to access these and other cloud features. Once you have migrated, open the PowerPoint application. Then, you can access the Summary Zoom by selecting it from the Insert tab.
Migrating to the cloud often seems like a daunting and potentially disruptive task. However, how incident-free the transition is depends on the migration specialists you work with and your level of planning and preparation. Our team has the knowledge and experience to ensure seamless transitions for companies with 5,000-plus end users.
Whether you want to use the Summary Zoom slide feature to revolutionize how you deliver presentations to the board or wow your prospective investors, now is the time to upgrade. Contact us for a quote to get started.
With unmatched next generation migration technology, Cloudficient is revolutionizing the way businesses retire legacy systems and transform their organization into the cloud. Our business constantly remains focused on client needs and creating product offerings that match them. We provide affordable services that are scalable, fast and seamless.
If you would like to learn more about how to bring Cloudficiency to your migration project, visit our website, or contact us.