Uncover effective cloud migration methods for digital success. Learn strategies to plan, tackle challenges and choose the right cloud provider.
6 Ways Microsoft Cloud Makes IT Management Easier
Business Insider estimates that 85% of companies will operate on a cloud-first principle by 2025. Why have so many ...
Business Insider estimates that 85% of companies will operate on a cloud-first principle by 2025. Why have so many organizations invested so heavily in this technology? Cloud storage and cloud computing have transformed the way businesses operate. The cloud brings greater flexibility, agility, scalability and efficiency to business operations. Microsoft Cloud capabilities have also made IT management a much easier task for tech teams to undertake.
1. Comprehensive Microsoft Cloud Security
Microsoft’s cloud-based platforms offer customers the highest levels of security with advanced authentication and authorization measures. It keeps data safe using industry-standard encryption and additional layers of secure protocols. This allows businesses to securely store customer data and sensitive information, all while complying with local regulations.
Microsoft Security also streamlines data protection into one centralized solution. This reduces the need for using several software solutions to fill gaps. Here are the main components of Microsoft Security:
- Microsoft Defender: Defender integrates with existing security solutions and controls endpoints and servers. It detects, prevents and responds to threats across multiple endpoints, such as chat apps and email.
- Microsoft Purview: Purview uses a cloud-based unified platform to manage data estates. It helps organizations develop better visibility and control over their data assets. This makes it easier to detect malicious activities and proactively protect against data loss.
- Microsoft Sentinel: Sentinel is the next-gen security platform that helps organizations quickly identify and respond to threats. It uses advanced analytics across Microsoft cloud, on-premises and hybrid environments.
- Microsoft Intune: Intune’s mobile device management solution helps IT admins secure corporate resources stored on smartphones and tablets. It also allows employees to securely access corporate data from any location.
- Microsoft Priva: Priva manages data and file sharing across multiple cloud services and hybrid environments. It also offers dynamic access control, allowing admins to customize roles and set up user-level security settings.
- Microsoft Entra: Entra is an enterprise platform enabling admins to manage user access and control centrally. It provides end-to-end visibility of data flows and helps businesses detect suspicious activities.
2. Reduced Management Overhead
Microsoft Cloud services empower teams to quickly deploy applications without manually installing them on each device or server. Its cloud-based solutions allow admins to manage all their applications and services from a single dashboard. This gives them visibility into all their cloud resources, making it easier for IT teams to identify potential issues and take corrective action quickly.
It also allows teams to create self-service portals that allow users to access applications easily. This reduces the need for manual user provisioning, freeing IT teams to focus on more complex tasks.
3. Automated Management
Microsoft Cloud automates many of the manual processes associated with managing IT-based solutions. This reduces costs and frees up resources for strategic projects. For example, cloud-based services can automate patch management processes, ensuring that all users have the latest version of an application or platform. This keeps organizations up to date with the latest security patches and bug fixes.
It also allows admins to set up automated reporting capabilities, giving them visibility into user activities and usage patterns. This provides teams with the data they need to make accurate decisions regarding management. They can quickly deploy applications, reduce management overhead and gain visibility into user activities.
4. Improved Device Longevity
In the past, companies relied on device-based software to streamline business operations. These apps still play critical roles in boosting productivity and maintaining efficiency, but cloud computing introduces new benefits. Devices only need access to the internet and basic specs to run cloud-based software. Consequently, companies can prolong the use of their existing hardware and delay the need for procuring, configuring and installing new equipment.
Delaying hardware modernization can save organizations thousands of dollars. The figure can quickly climb to millions for large corporations. It also saves the IT team a lot of time that it would otherwise spend on regularly modernizing the infrastructure and equipment to keep up with the fast pace of technology.
5. Streamlined App Modernization
Cloud computing makes it easy for workers to enjoy a modernized experience even via older devices. They achieve this through accessing modernized or updated apps. Microsoft Cloud services enable teams to quickly modernize existing applications without rewriting the entire codebase. This new approach to modernization reduces project costs and improves time-to-market for new features.
For example, containers can migrate an existing application into the cloud in a fraction of the time it usually takes. Containers also make it easier for teams to update applications, ensuring that users always get access to the latest version. This boosts user satisfaction and keeps them productive for extended periods.
6. Centralized Software Integration
Integration eliminates the need to manually install and configure each application, thereby reducing management overhead. It also enables businesses to set up consistent access policies across their software landscape. Additionally, admins can quickly identify potential risks in their cloud infrastructure and take corrective steps when needed.
Microsoft Azure provides several solutions that organizations can explore in this arena. Microsoft Power has become an increasingly popular integration solution. Businesses of all sizes use it to access low-code tools that transform their business processes. Microsoft names H&M, EY, Virgin Atlantic and T-Mobile as some of the many big corporations using its Power Platform.
Access Microsoft Cloud Through Our Migration Services
Microsoft Cloud allows organizations to streamline their operations and reap the benefits of cloud computing. If you are looking for an easy way to move your apps or hardware to the cloud, our migration experts at Cloudficient can help. Contact us today to discuss how we can help you leverage cloud services quickly and cost-effectively.
With unmatched next generation migration technology, Cloudficient is revolutionizing the way businesses retire legacy systems and transform their organization into the cloud. Our business constantly remains focused on client needs and creating product offerings that match them. We provide affordable services that are scalable, fast and seamless.