Cloudficient has introduced a different way to pay for your migration to Office 365: Flexible fixed price / fixed outcome.
Migrate Now, Pay As You Go
At Cloudficient, we strive to be different. Not just because it’s fun to be different but also because we want to break ...
At Cloudficient, we strive to be different. Not just because it’s fun to be different but also because we want to break the traditional mold of archive migration vendors where there are strict regimes and lists of things that you ‘can do’ and that you ‘cannot do’. We’re different in many ways, and our customers love that. Here are a few examples:
- Always do a proof of concept. We always suggest a proof of concept where you use our products in your environment, with your users, and your data, with no monetary commitment.
- Cloud-based Kubernetes powered cluster of microservices which deliver both stunning performance, scalability and tenant setup time of minutes rather than weeks
- Innovative, game-changing solutions like Expireon and S3Complete so that you don’t have to migrate continually
- Flexible pricing with a fixed outcome
It’s this last topic that I want to go into more in this blog.
With traditional migration vendors, you have to do some work upfront to determine the amount of archived data that needs to be transformed to the cloud. This is not always a straightforward task as the amount of data might still be increasing and at a rate that is difficult to determine. The source environment, be it on-premise Exchange, Enterprise Vault email archives, Enterprise Vault journal archives, or file servers full of home drives, are in most cases in constant use.
Once you have this number, you would typically purchase a license to migrate that much data. This means buying it all, right now, before the project has started or very soon after the start before it’s adequately ramped up in terms of throughput.
This approach is a significant upfront cost, and sometimes it is difficult for organizations to go down that route:
- Budget constraints might mean that the money is not available at the required levels.
- The allocated budget is changed just before the project is signed for.
- The approval process for large capital expenses (CAPEX) in many enterprise organizations might be prolonged and lead to delay
- Gaining additional Capex monies later in the project to account for extra data that needs to be migrated can cause delays in the project – the project languishes at 99% complete for a long time.
- Many organizations are moving away from Capex expenditure models to Operating Expenses (OPEX) models. This often happens as businesses move through the enterprise lifecycle.
At Cloudficient, we’ve introduced a different approach to paying for a transformation to the cloud to address each of the above points in turn. It’s a Flexible Fixed Price / Fixed Outcome solution. With this approach, there is no high up-front cost, and that’s just the start of the benefits; here are some more:
- Get started quickly. With our unmatched next-generation migration technology there is no need to provision and deploy costly, high specification hardware in your data center; we keep the on-premise requirements to a minimum.
- Pay for proven migration success. Why pay upfront for something that may still require tuning? With this approach you pay for each terabyte that is successfully migrated.
- You are aligning with preferred expenditure models. This new method fits your organizations move from Capex to Opex.
- Ability to stop/start and incur no standing charges. This means you can migrate at the speed your organization wants to migrate.
- Extra data that is discovered or generated during the lifetime of the project is easier to tackle, with no delays waiting for more expenditure approval.
If you’re about to embark on an enterprise transformation take a look at our products, our delivery methods and our pricing options – you might be surprised at what you find!
With unmatched next generation migration technology, Cloudficient is revolutionizing the way businesses retire legacy systems and transform their organization into the cloud. Our business constantly remains focused on client needs and creating product offerings that match them. We provide affordable services that are scalable, fast and seamless.