If you have unwanted files on Microsoft OneDrive, how do you fully delete them? Learn about cloud-based file management from the Cloudficient team.
Is Cloud Storage Safe Enough for Legal Data?
The legal profession has come a long way from the days when legal documents were hand-written and lawyers worked out of ...
The legal profession has come a long way from the days when legal documents were hand-written and lawyers worked out of their homes.
Today, legal professionals need to store large amounts of legal data, from client information to research.
The problem is that this legal data needs to be kept secure - if it falls into the wrong hands there could be serious consequences. At the same time, in order for your in-house legal team to function at its best, you need a cloud storage solution that will allow them access anywhere in the world, on any device they choose.
The following article explores what you should look for in an enterprise level cloud storage solution and how it can benefit your in-house legal team:
What Is Legal Data?
Legal data can be defined as any type of information that is related to the legal profession. This can include things like client information, case files, contracts, lease agreements, legal correspondence, and more. It is important to store legal data in a safe and secure place, preferably in the cloud. This way, you can access it from anywhere and you know that your legal data is safe from prying eyes.
Why Legal Professionals need Cloud Storage
One of the most important decisions that lawyers and legal professionals can make is where to store their legal data. With so much sensitive legal data constantly being created, you want to be sure that it is stored somewhere safe and secure. If your legal data falls into the wrong hands, there could be serious consequences. If you are a lawyer, doctor, CPA or other professional, you need to know how to store your legal data in the cloud securely.
Enterprise level cloud storage provides the right solution for storing critical legal data. It is designed to allow legal professionals remote connectivity to their legal information from anywhere they are at any time. Additionally, enterprise level cloud storage is HIPAA and Sarbanes-Oxley compliant, meaning that it meets the highest security standards in the industry.
Choosing the right cloud storage and digital security solution for your legal data is critical. By ensuring that your legal data is stored in a secure location, you can protect yourself and your clients from any potential harm. Enterprise level cloud storage provides the best security for in-house legal professionals and allows them to have access to their legal data from anywhere in the world.
If you'd like to find out more about bringing cloudficiency to your project, reach out to us.
How In-house Legal Professionals can Benefit from Enterprise Level Cloud Storage
Legal professionals can benefit from enterprise level cloud storage in a few ways. First of all, by using a service that is enterprise level, legal professionals can be assured that their legal data is safe and secure. This is because these services have high levels of security and should be compliant with the latest regulations. Additionally, enterprise level cloud storage services often have features that are not available with consumer-level services, such as the ability to share files securely between team members and to track changes made to files. This makes them ideal for storing legal data.
Legal professionals need to be especially careful about storing their legal data in the cloud, as any information that is not protected adequately could be used against them. For example, if a legal professional's client list were to fall into the wrong hands, the client's privacy could be compromised. Additionally, if confidential legal documents were to be leaked, this could cause serious damage to your business.
Fortunately, by using a secure enterprise level cloud storage service, legal professionals can rest assured that their legal data is safe. These services have high levels of security and usually offer encryption of all data stored in the cloud. This means that even if someone was able to gain access to your files, they would not be able to read them without the correct encryption key.
So, if you are a legal professional who is looking for a safe and secure way to store your legal data, be sure to choose an enterprise level cloud storage service. This will ensure that your legal data is protected against any potential threats
The Factors to Consider When Choosing an Enterprise Level Cloud Storage Solution for Legal Data
The factors to consider when choosing an enterprise level cloud storage solution for legal data include:
- Legal Data Storage Requirements: legal data is unique and requires a special type of protection.
- Regulatory Compliance: choose the right cloud storage vendor to ensure compliance with regulatory and legal data security requirements such as HIPAA, GDPR, Patriot Act, etc.
- Scalability: legal data needs to be available on demand and at all times. Choose a cloud storage vendor that can scale as your company expands and as you grow your legal department. Look for cloud storage solutions that provide high levels of reliability and availability through geographic diversity and redundant systems solutions.
- Data Retention: legal data needs to be retained or archived for legal purposes. Choose a legal cloud storage vendor that offers data retention with replication and archiving features to make sure you always have your legal data in case of a legal requirement or for legal proceedings, especially in the United States where litigation can take years before it is settled.
- Legal Data Security: cloud storage vendors must provide high-level security measures to protect your legal data including strong authentication, granular access control, and encryption technologies built-in capabilities which prevent data leakage while enabling compliance with legal requirements.
- Backup and Disaster Recovery Solutions: you need backup solutions so that your legal data will not get lost if there is an emergency such as fire, natural disaster or any other hazard. You can avoid legal liabilities if you have cloud storage vendors that offer backup and disaster recovery solutions. Consider using an additional solution like Backup 365 Complete to provide backup and restore capabilities.
- Contractual Flexibility: cloud storage vendors must provide clear terms of service, pricing models, volume agreements and legal data services in order to meet the legal requirements of both your company and your in-house legal staff.
- Professional Services: cloud storage providers should be able to provide support for all legal cases taken on by your enterprise including legal research tools, document assembly software, workflow management systems along with the necessary training to make sure your team is fully able to use the software and solutions.
- Integration Capabilities: cloud-based legal data storage solutions are cost effective but they need integration into existing applications or workflows within your company. The cloud storage provider you choose should have a long list of pre-built integrations and have the flexibility so that it is easy to build custom integrations to meet the specific needs of your in-house legal department and company.
- Ease of Use: cloud storage solutions for your legal data should be easy to use for staff members with limited IT knowledge. The cloud storage vendor you choose should offer user friendly GUI's, wizards, and templates so that legal professionals can get up and running quickly without lots of training or support from IT staff members.
When choosing an enterprise level cloud storage solution for legal data, it is important to consider all the factors listed above. By choosing the right legal data cloud storage vendor, you can ensure that your legal data is safe.
In this article, you have been given a number of legal data storage requirements as well as regulatory compliance to consider. In order to meet regulatory and legal data security requirements such as HIPAA, GDPR, Patriot Act, etc., it is important that your cloud storage vendor has the necessary capabilities for scalability, data retention with replication and archiving features in case of legal proceedings or litigation which can take years before being settled. It's also very important that the legal data cloud storage provider offers high-level security measures including strong authentication and granular access control so that if there is an emergency like fire or natural disaster your legal data will not be lost. You need back up solutions too because if something happens where you lose your legal data, you could face legal liabilities.
As far as contractual flexibility is concerned, cloud storage solution providers should be able to provide clear terms of service, pricing models, volume agreements and legal data services that meet the requirements of your company and your staff members. By following the tips in this article, you can make sure that your legal data is safe and secure.
With unmatched next generation migration technology, Cloudficient is revolutionizing the way businesses retire legacy systems and transform their organization into the cloud. Our business constantly remains focused on client needs and creating product offerings that match them. We provide affordable services that are scalable, fast and seamless.